Sunday, September 9, 2012

If

If I was an eagle...I would fly....fly away, above the skyline while people attempted to take pictures of me with there Kodak cameras. No one telling me where to go, what to do, what to take notes on for the test next thursday. If I was a whale, I would dive...dive into the deep, dark, ocean. Miles below the surface where no person can go. Into some underwater cavern just to get away from it all. If. If I was anything but human, I would get away from them. Go hide in the forests they so willingly destroy, conceal myself in the over-polluted sky, go and lurk in the oil-filled sea. If. But no. I'm only human, they say, as if its some sort of an excuse. They hold themselves to a low standard so they have an excuse for the low-down things they do. If only they could realize themselves. If only they could see what they could do. If. If only we would care. If. If.

No comments:

Post a Comment