Monday, October 15, 2012

Mirror Lies

I look in the mirror, and I see me,
or at least something that looks like me.
But maybe its something else...

Maybe it's a my evil twin, seperated at birth into opposite dimensions where we played tag, went to school, and grew up far away from each other. When we see each other each morning we're just too stunned to say anything worth while so we just stare at each other and critique one anothers hair and face.

Maybe it's a robot, designed to copy my every move and by the time it processes my motions and orders its limbs to do the same, my eyes have already moved on, or are just to slow to see the spanse of time between my movements and his.

Then again, maybe it really is just a reflection of light, traveling thousands and thousands of miles per hour, that bends this way and that to form into the unique colors and shapes of my body. Nothing philosophical, just physical and scientific.

Maybe its a window to the real world. Where all the earth goes around at the same pace, where people are warm, polite, and caring toward each other, and where life is good. And all I get to see is a reflection of what life was meant to be, and who I was born to be.

3 comments:

  1. this is freaking me out.
    like what if we don't exist, and we just live in a world of mirrors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Maybe its a window to the real world." This line stood out to me. I love it. Not sure why.. but I do.

    ReplyDelete