Sunday, November 4, 2012

I wouldn't touch me if I were you...

"I'll drag you to the backyard, use a brick to knock out your teeth; shove the corner of it in your eye. I'll use the brick to grind up your lousy teeth and pour the lousy powder in your ears, I'll keep it from spilling out by putting duct tape over your ears. That way you can't hear me reading my poems over and over again; yelling 'f*** off you dead star' to you and God"
                                                -Gene Wilder, "I'll cover your eyes, that way you have an excuse not to read my blog."

I feel cold. Cold-hearted, that is, I feel like listening to heavy metal and drinking a whole package of 'Monster'. I used to think that nobody could actually do this to another individual, then I read this thing...I feel ashamed...to be human, the fact that someone thinks like this, scares the heck out of me because what if this person grows up? What if they think like this all the time and they're just about to burst? I try to stop myself from looking around the classroom searching for the dark, painful eyes of a student cold enough to have this thought, to write this post but I can't help but wonder. I feel depressed now...

I've had nightmares of this post coming to life and crushing a brick into the eye of a helpless, trembling being. The part of the dream that makes it the scariest, the part that makes me shake and quiver down to my bones in the middle of the night in my cold, empty bed, is the reality that in the nightmare, I'm not the one lying on the ground, begging for mercy while my teeth get ground off my blood soaked face, I'm the one holding the brick.

Thanks a lot Gene wilder.

4 comments:

  1. I'm the one holding the brick.

    Stolen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the first line sounds like when the music stops by eminem ha.
    'i feel ashamed to be human' #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great response to another writer's work.

    I feel equally scared sometimes. And inspired.

    If it makes you feel any better, I can't remember the last time I saw you and Gene Wilder in the same room. I can say that with confidence.

    This seems like a great idea for a blog post. Write about someone else's post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has nothing to do with your post, I just wanted you to know that I listened to your playlist in class today. It was great.

    ReplyDelete